2013/10/23

Functional meaning of models

Functional meaning of models


must: certainty, obligation, ( 100% necessary to do something.)
mustn’t: prohibition ( 100% necessary not to do something.)
may: possibility – probability ( it’s about 50% possible )
might: possibility ( less than 50% possible )
needn’t: ( lack of necessity )
should: advice ( it’s a good idea )
shouldn’t: ( it’s a bad idea )
can’t : impossibility

- When I leave school, I may go to a university of science or I can even get a job at a laboratory.
- This must be the laboratory – there are instruments and products of scientific research.
- I’ll probably come back to see the manager next week if I am free.
- I think / guess they are going to offer me a job as I have the ideal profile.
- They will certainly interview me about my past experience as they usually do.
- I guess / think their wages are high and their technology is advanced.
- I certainly will enjoy myself working in this laboratory; I am fond of science and technology.
- Computers are likely to replace teachers in a few years’ time.
- It’s positive that the problem of unemployment will be solved if drastic measures are taken.
- I bet the rate of illiteracy in our country will decrease in the next decade.
- We needn’t raise taxes. We have made a lot of money out of phosphates sales this year.





1 comment: